Wednesday 3 November 2010

2008/09 Work

This piece I made for a Swarovski competition...
The category I got to work with was Avant Garde, from this I based my designs on showgirls.
This garment includes a diamante covered bra, with guinea fowl and white goose feathers smothered in Swarovski elements.
I won the award for best interpretation of category and my piece was displayed in the Swarovski Crystallized Lounge on Great Marlborough Street


This beaded set was inspired by Charles Dickens' Great Expectations. I'm modelling this piece as the character Miss Havisham.
There are over a thousand pearls sewn onto lace to make this flowing collar. The cuff was made of similar technique.


Momento Mori ring
This was inspired by the greek story of Icarus.
Taking the theme of wings and feathers and the fact that icarus made these out of wax, I have tried to incorporate these in the ring. Using a feather like form and the use of red sealing wax as the main construction of the ring.
Inside is engraved 'Icarus eram letalis' which is latin for 'Icarus was mortal'



No comments:

Post a Comment